Yesterday Madelynn's 1st grade class invited all the moms for a Mother's Day program and Tea Party. It was so cute. And she was so excited! Which made it even more cute. She wore a dress to school (for those of you that don't really know Madelynn, that is a big deal. She is a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl) and the moms were "suppose" to dress up as well. Side note: what a bunch of lame-o moms! Sweats? Really? I cant even wear my sweats to the grocery store with out feeling like an idiot.
As you can see I received a very nice hat, made especially for me from Madelynn:) She walked me to my seat, then the class sang us a few songs and recited a few poems. After the program each child served their mom a little cake and water. They even cleaned up:) It was very nice, and sweet. And I loved it:)

3 comments:
Your hat is lovely :) Stop making fun of sweats already!!! We can't put it past me, I may have shown up in sweats, too. Okay, probably not, but I would have wished that I did.
Love it! That cracks me up about the sweats! Every time I'm about to go out in sweatpants (with matching jacket, of course!) Eric says, "You look like a Utah mom" and then I promptly go and change!
P.S.- Your hair looks adorable! Also Kensie tells me everyday that Madelynn is her favorite cousin and now she will only wear "dog ears" in her hair!
What a fun thing to do for mother's day. As for the sweats?... not cool of the moms. Going to the store?... borderline.... "Utah Mom"? ummm I think not. I take offense. :) Look ANYWHERE and you'll see moms in sweats. OK, I'm done.
Post a Comment