In celebration of Earth Day yesterday................ok, so I didn't really celebrate Earth Day but I did run the South Jordan Earth Day 10k. Does that count? I don't know either.
*For those of you interested-it was was a really small group. Only about 50 people. Most female. There was this group of CRAZY ladies (the majority of the group) that just took off and with in minutes were out of sight. Never to be seen again. Then me, then a small group behind me. I literally ran the whole thing by my self. There was no one around. So, it ended up getting a little boring, and lonely:( And that group of Crazies, finished in 45 min! 45MIN! Insane!
Anyhoo, I was ready for the distance, I was ready for the time. What I wasn't prepared for.................Hills! Lots of hills. Steep hills, gradual hills, lots of ups and downs:( So, I was disappointed with my time.
A 10k is 6.2 miles. (our course was 6.4 I overheard some one say)
I ran it in 1hr7min. For those of you that don't want to figure it out, that is an average of 5.7 miles per hr. And really, that isn't so bad for my first time. But, I just keep thinking, I could have done so much better if it wasn't for those retched hills! So, I guess you could say I have mixed feelings about the adventure.
And with it all behind me I am glad I did it. I know I will do it again in the future.
And now the big question is: Do I want to try for a 1/2(marathon)? (that is a 10k twice) Right now, I am quite unsure of that one. We shall see:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good for you and hills do kill the run. You can do a half marathon the Moab is all down hill and 1 tiny incline (at 10 miles) that killed me but I did it and YOU can to. Go for it!
Good job, Kerstin! I need to get my butt in shape.... it's pathetic!
Post a Comment