I ran my first 5K this morning! Yeah, for me.
It was a perfectly overcast, chilly, drizzle-y morning for a nice little run. Bountiful had a "sweethearts" run that my brother signed me up for a few weeks ago. I have been really excited and nervous. I ran with two of my brothers and one sister-in-law. But she doesn't count because she left us at the starting line, and we never saw her again:( the jerk.
Anyhoo, I did it in 35min. I know that is nothing spectacular, but it was my first and I was just doing it for fun anyway. My brother wanted someone to run with him because he knew his wife would run too fast. So, I used it as a little "try out" of sorts. I wanted to see if I would even like that sort of thing. And guess what? I do! I loved it. And I felt amazing afterward! So, next up.........10K with my cousin in a few months:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That's awesome, Kerstin!
It's madness, I tell you! Running is for SUCKS. I still love you though, even if you are confused about the good things in life.
SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!
Post a Comment